Monday, November 14, 2005

When Silence Is Deafening...

Silence...

Silence provides an opportunity for personal reflection and self-assessment.
Silence makes us take notice of what we may have been ignoring prior to its beginning.
It helps us think.
It can inspire us.
It can make us sad in that we miss what normally fills the void of silence with noise, communication, or company.
Personally, I love quiet.

But you want to know the one situation in which I absolutely unequivocally abhor silence????
Wanna know???

I hate silence when I am giving my lover a blowjob.

In all the years of my marriage, I begged, pleaded and negotiated with FH for the opportunity to suck him. Why? Because I love to please and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I have pleased my lover. Aside from that, I love the taste of a man. I love the feel of a man. I love the power and satisfaction I have when my hands and mouth can do to him what he probably enjoys most in the world next to food and sleep. I love loosing myself in what I am doing and I do mean LOOSING myself. How so you ask? Well let's just say I had a lover who I sucked and teased for well over an hour (and for those of you who just thought to yourselves, "OVER AN HOUR????GOSH!!!! HOW DID HE KEEP AN ERECTION THAT LONG???" Well, the blowjob with accompanied touches and caresses lasted that long and I took him from before erection through erection and to ejaculation.. and I eventually pulled myself away... eventually).
It is something I really do enjoy and make no bones about it. Oh how I miss a hard cock... I was sexless before, but now I am really sexless... HELP!!!

Sorry.. getting back on track.. FH said that blowjobs didn't turn him on and that it wasn't me, it was him. I asked him several times both verbal and written. I got the same response.
Mind you, I never asked him to please me. My questions and inquiries were simply for his pleasure only.

Finally, I came up with a plan that I thought would help him get over his fear and convince him that I really really wanted to please him in this way. Here was the plan:

I talked him into letting me give him oral pleasure every day for a week. Each day, it was up to him as to the time and the place and how long it lasted. But on the seventh day, I would be allowed to choose when and where and if I swallowed (which I knew I would). He FINALLY agreed and literally my mouth started watering when he said yes.

The next night was day one. That night he said he was ready. I went upstairs and should have known right then that it would NOT be a good night. FH was naked and laying across the bed. The lights were out, but the room had an aroma of fear. I ignored my self-conscious thoughts and didn't hesitate as I didn't want him to change his mind. I dropped to my knees and went to work. The taste... the smell.. the feel... I had waited so long for that moment. HOORAY!!!!

But as I licked him...
And and as I sucked him...
I noticed he wasn't saying anything. He wasn't moaning or groaning. He wasn't even moving.
There was no noise and no response to me, my hands or my mouth.
I took this as a challenge and kept going, but not allowing myself to get completely lost as I needed to pay attention to him.
Time passed.
Still nothing.
For over half an hour FH laid there in silence as I sucked him.
It was the loudest silence ever.
I wanted to just cry.

I finally decided that he was not having a good time. I stopped and did what he normally required in order to cum. When he came, he came rather hard, but it didn't help because my feelings were already smashed. He collapsed from exhaustion and I cried myself to sleep in my pillow. Needless to say, the seven day plan failed horribly and I never metioned oral sex again.

In my opinion, rejection that is communicated through silence is probably the most devastating. You have no idea what is going on in your lover's head and they are keeping all verbal encouragement or punishment away from you. You work harder, but to no avail. You keep thinking it is you and you must be doing something wrong. You rearrange your approach and redirect your attention. You recalculate.
Still.. nothing.

Emily Dickinson said, "saying nothing ... somtimes says the most." Under most circumstances, I agree silence shows power and composure and would be hard to ignore or refute. But in the case of sexual satisfaction and intimacy, silence can kill a person's confidence as well as create distance and lack of trust that didn't exist prior.

On than night, I realized I had failed with my plan and failed to help him. I knew instantly how millions of men in this country feel when their wives reject them verbally or through cold and lackluster responses. I promised to never make anyone else feel how I felt that night.

I know I have failed at many things.
I have made my fair share of mistakes.
But the silence I received in return for my gift of love was like nothing I had ever experienced.
I certainly hope that my future relationships are not like this, but honestly, it will take more for me to open up and let my complete self show in terms of sex and pleasure. I will have questions and doubts and the fear of another "silent night" will always be looming in my mind.

(sigh...)

And with that, I will be silent and listen to your thoughts.

Danica

21 comments:

aphron said...

FH was NOT normal. Like most normal guys, I enjoy both giving and receiving oral pleasure. Your situation sounds similar to me and Wife's. She has to be almost "tricked" into letting me give her oral sex. Once into it, she seems to enjoy it. As for her doing me, she will, but she likes to withhold it. I might come to expect it.

In one of my favorite movies Payback, Mel Gibson says, "Ain't marriage grand?" in a very sarcastic way.

I think we are doomed to find, date, and marry our opposite. God has a sense of humor. See platypus.

Danica said...

Aphron:

Thank you for reading my blog. I appreciate your comments very much.

I hope we are not completely doomed to always be with a person who is opposite of us sexually, but it does seem that way. People can change if they want. I think what happens is we don't talk about sex and the problems that could arise surrounding sex. Also, we don't thoroughly share our expectations of that aspect of marriage.

It makes me sad, but next time, I will certainly ask more questions and talk in depth.

Danica

DH said...

What the hell was wrong with him?

I can't imagine being silent while getting a blowjob.

Hell...I can barely imagine getting a blowjob at this point.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a note. I'm glad it's helped me find yours.

Anonymous said...

Danica,

I hate to sound like every sleazy guy on the Internet but I have to ask please... please tell me you live in the southeast and feel free to contact me if you do and have the urge to please a man!

Mikeinnc@gmail.com

Danica said...

OH MY!

DH: You are sweet! I do think something was/is very wrong with him. You can imagine how I felt in that moment.

Leela: Can you please have your man make tapes of what to say while getting a blowjob?? (smile) Lucky you! I only wish I had a cheering section like that.

Cardman: Thank you for the compliment.

Mike in NC: You are too funny! I actually do live in the Southish.

I love you guys!

Danica

Anonymous said...

Humm...

I'll be right back I am going to google Danica and see if I can track you down!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, unforunately silence is not always golden.

I would say that %99 of the guys I've known absolutely love blow jobs. But sexual preference is a very personal thing. If he isn't into it though, he should have told you.
CJ isn't a big moaner and groaner, and he has admitted to me that he almost never cums strictly from BJ's, but at least I know he's enjoying it becuase of the way he pushes my head down on him and talks to me dirty.

Believe me honey, I'm sure there is nothing wrong with you...I hope you find a nice tasty loving cock soon.

Robert said...

I must say that I have read this in a few blogs recently and I did not know that the creature existed. We'll have to call him BJyeti. I can't fathom a man not wanting a BJ, and you are willing to do it for an hour? WOW.

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine NOT liking oral sex, either giving or receiving. Damn woman, if you pleasured me like that I'd be screaming from the proverbial mountaintops! I make TW scream into the pillows as often as I can. She returns the favor no problem. No, FH was not normal, not by a LONG shot.

aphron said...

BJyeti! I like that. Something heard about but never really seen.

Danica said...

Wow...

Debbie: Seems it was my luck to get one of the 1% of the men who dislike blowjobs. And to think I was the one begging????? What planet was I on???? (smile).

Reddyman and Mr. Manic Depressive: BJyeti.. I LOVE it. Yes, I was willing to do what he asked of me. It just so happened that on that particular day, I went an hour. I think it was my days of playing in the band (clarinet) that gave my mouth this stamina.

Have I told you all lately you are amazing?

Danica

Anonymous said...

maybe you'd be willing to tutor my wife? I can moan with the best of em. But she doesn't like to blow me. I love to make her cum with my tongue, I'm like you I think that I love to please others. In fact I almost get more pleasure from her orgasm than from my own sometimes.

Ed said...

Just to join the general consensus here - that is definitely not normal. I don't think I could keep quiet if I tried. It's one of the things that makes my wife love giving me oral. I guess we're both lucky in that respect.

Desireous said...

Life is just too bloody ironic sometinmes you know? There are so many men out there complaining that their girls wont blow them and here you were stuck with a man who wasn't really interested in being blown and yet you loved the idea and here I was 11 years with a man who would only let me blow him occasionally. Life is a practiacl joker that has to be it!!!

Hugs
Des

Desireous said...

oops forgot my other thought. I agree about the silence. I love to be talked to while I'm giving head. I had a dream a few nights ago about giving head to some guy who was totally quiet, its been my experience that most men are and I hated it. I woke up from a dead sleep and thought Phew its just a dream. Scary!

hugs
Des

FTN said...

Complete silence? That's baffling. I start moaning when someone gets in that general vicinity.

Anonymous said...

Obviously actions speak louder than words, or in this case the act of silence did. The question though is why? For every action, there is a specific reaction (even if not desireable). So did you ever try to get him to honestly explain what was the reason for his aversion to oral sex (for I'm sure he probably didn't like going down on you either)? If you find out that answer then you might be better able to correct things. Many guys will never admit to dark secrets from their past or based on how they were raised.

Danica said...

Kent: Me tutor? If I started classes on this, I would be filthy rich!!! I think I may have just found my second career (smile).

Ed: You came! You came! You came to my blog!!! Can I please have your autograph?? You and Sue are most fortunate. I could only be so lucky.. hopefully. Cross your fingers ok?

Desireous: Girl! Isn't life funny?? I hear it constantly from friends how much they hate being asked to give oral.. and I am thinking to myself, "Are you crazy?"

A mere man: I think you are right. FH probably had a deep-seeded fear of intimacy and letting go. Now that I think about it, he would muffle his face when he came. He may have also avoided it so he wouldn't have to return the favor.. despite the fact I never asked and wouldn't want him to unless he wanted to do it on his own. Thank you for your thoughts. I hope you come back and see me.

FTN: You moan when someone is in the vicinity? Wow... that would mean my guy would be one walking dial tone! (laughing)

Rob: Like I told A Mere Man, I do think he has a hidden past. Whatever it is, I hope he finds the comfot he needs.

Thank you all for not thinking I was crazy or telling me I did something wrong for trying to please him this way. I was afraid .. other might think I was pushy.

Danica

Jon said...

I totally agree with Dirty Deb, but I think 1% is too much.

I am one of those that truly enjoys a good blowjob, but can't always cum from one. Actually if someone was willing (or capable for that matter) of going for an hour I am sure I would be able to every time. I dated one lady this time last year that really wanted me to cum from a bj... I finally did after about 20 minutes. It seemed like an hour. She almost got upset about it.

I get upset when I can't get a woman to cum. Believe me when I say I try to make sure that my woman is satisfied before me (at least once). The same woman that gave me the 20 minute blowjob seemed incapable of cumming. I thought my ex was the most difficult until I was seeing this one. She admitted to me that she has always been very difficult in climaxing. I got her close a couple times, but I just couldn't get her over that threshold. It was incredibly exhausting and frustrating. It was the main reason I ended it with her.

Danica said...

Jon:

I hear lots of men say that they cannot cum from a blowjob alone. The one person I was able to make cum from one alone has ONLY been able to cum with me. He was great to practice on. I was extra proud of myself because he was older and warned me that he couldn't (ha ha.. he hadn't met my mouth)! So kind of you to CARE that your woman cums.. But did you really end it because she couldn't cum?

Danica

Jon said...

Well that wasn't the only reason.

It was a very complicated relationship because we were friends for so long before ever taking that leap into bed. When she approached me about changing our relationship from friends to dating I was sceptical. I was never sure we were right for each other and I felt like she wanted me because 1) I was available. and 2) She wanted to be with someone. I felt like I was just handy.

She made a great friend, but I just didn't warm up to the girlfriend relationship. Then the not being able to cum made it frustrating. Kind of the straw that broke the camel's back.

We tried to go back to a friend relationship, but my pulling away obviously hurt her. She eventually didn't want to talk to me anymore even though I tried to keep the friendship going.