Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My Story.... Just the Facts Darling...

I could write all night about my marriage. But what matters now are the important and most recent facts only. I was married. I have no kids. I am now divorced. I left my ex (whom we will refer to as FH ...for "First Husband" as I fully expect and desire to have a "Second Husband"). Why did I leave him? I thought you would never ask!

I had a sexless marriage. It went sexless pretty quickly, within the first six months. Making love was rare.. Every three to four months, if I was lucky.
I tried.
I begged.
I cried.

I talked.
I wrote.
I discussed.

I wondered.
I hoped.
I prayed.

Notice each statement started with "I". I was the only interested party in sex and the only one who ever brough it up. I was the initiator 99.6% of the time. It was exhausting and my dirty little secret. I felt translucent to the world, but specifically to every man on the planet. I mean, if the man I loved could see through me, so could everyone else because he was supposed to love me, desire me, and cherish me.. right? And I did have rings on my fingers that supposedly said, "I am a woman, but taken. Approach with Caution". Honestly, some days I felt like dropping to my knees and sucking the first willing man just to prove to myself that there was nothing wrong with me or to hear someone say it was ok that I enjoyed sex and pleasing a man.

Then.. it hit me. It wasn't MY problem. It was him. It had to be. What normal man with a normal or at least somewhat normal sexdrive, would say no CONSTANTLY to a blowjob and/or sex? What man would tell his wife he was too hungry, to sleepy, to busy, to stressed out for sex.. and tell her this weekly if not daily? If you are one of those men, raise your had right now and tell me why. I really need a hint here and some direction.

Moving on...
I eventually accepted that it wasn't my fault. It was at that point I had a decision to make - I could either live out the remainder of my life with a man unable to connect with me or leave and find another who could. It was pretty simple. I didn't confuse the matter with loving him or the fact we were friends. All of that was still fact and had not changed, but I wanted and needed more from my husband.

FH has issues. I dont know them all. The best I can tell, his perfectionistic approach to life did not allow him to expose and explore his sexual self. He felt he was not a good lover. The truth be told, he wasn't. He had no patience and no enthusiasm. When he touched me, it felt like the last thing he wanted to do and eventually, it became the very thing he never did. I spent most of our lovemaking touching and loving him. Talk about rejection....

So, I told him it was over and that he should leave. I asked for a divorce. He didn't fight me, but he claimed he loved me and "acted" very hurt throughout the process. I was so confused. I was freeing him from the bombardment of ME and MY sex drive and MY wants in life and marriage with little fuss. No more requests for counseling. No more "just tell me what to do" talks. He was free. And now, it is over.

Those are the facts. I will refer to FH often. He helped bring clarity in my wants and needs as a woman and an admitted and unashamed fan of intimacy and sex (GO SEX!!!! I am quite the slut as you will see). I have learned many lessons. I will share and want your thoughts.

But I will also tell you about the other men who have helped shape my views and feelings, two of which are most important. I will also discuss women, hurt, fantasies, and fears.

For today, I know that nothing happens until we decide.
Nothing.
I decided I wanted more.
I feel l I have so much to give. I wanted someone who wanted me.
Is that so terrible?

Talk to me...

Danica

15 comments:

Desireous said...

NO thats not terrible at all and you deserve that!

Hugs
Des

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear more. I may be looking into my own future...

Danica said...

Aroused Girl and Desireous:

Two of my favorite blogs. Thank you so much for stopping by.

Danica

Anonymous said...

Some people should never get married - period. Your FH appears to be one of them. In my religion, it is required that people preparing to get married first take a marriage preparation course. It lasts a whole year. Time to get to know each other. Time to know how to have a happy marriage and what's expected. All sorts of things are taught to the engaged couple. Too many people don't have a clue of what marriage is about or what is expected of them. I'm sorry to read about your past problems with FH. You obviously did the right thing in leaving him. Your self confidence was taking a beating. I'm sure though that you will one day find another (better) guy for yourself. Good luck and welcome to blogging.

Aragorn said...

Welcome to blog-world sweetie. You will soon find this an exciting place to share things and to learn and express and have fun, I hope. Will be checking you regularly ... ;-) and link some time soon (when I have a minute). Enjoy and good luck digesting the bad times, I know how they feel.

Robert said...

Welcome to blogworld, I have bookmarked you and look forward to some good reading.

Anonymous said...

Danica,

I am in the same sexless boat. I have read a couple of blogs and I just don;t get it. I thought it was normal for men to complain about not getting sex and women to be the ones who didn't want it. I am speechless to learn it is possible to be the other way around. I am really close to ending my marriage because of lack of sex. Maybe even leaning tha way even more now realizing that there are woman who have high sex drives.

SD said...

Brava Danica! You're not terrible for wanting more, you're human and there ain't nothing wrong with that.

And welcome to the blogosphere, I hope you'll stay awhile.

SD

Danica said...

Wow....
I am so overwhelmed by all of your responses and deeply encouraged. I hope you all continue to read and give me your honest thoughts on what I have to say. There is so little honesty in the world.. and I hope to get some here.

Have a fabulous Thursday!

Danica

Anonymous said...

Danica,

For all the people on the internet lying there asses off. I would say there are an equal amount of people who will give you a blunt honest answer.

Lizzie said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so glad that you took a stand for yourself and got a divorce. I hope you are having lots and lots of wonderful sex! I'll be back to see what you are up too....

CycleGuy said...

All I can say is welcome to the blogosphere and good on you!

I can't wait to read more.

aphron said...

I totally understand. The problem isn't you. It's sad for you and, I'm sure, him. His being a perfectionist causes great stress on him and those around him. His marriage failing may deepen his desire to be perfect? Men tend to have a harder time dealing with divorce.

Thank goodness there were no kids involved. Of course, sex is a prerequiste. LOL!

Jon said...

Danica, I have just read through all of your posts to date. I can relate to some level. I will provide comments under each post.

I think that divorcing him was not just the right thing to do, it was the only thing left to do. You cannot continue to keep trying and get rejected. I had a similar (not exactly the same) situation in my marriage. But my problem was I stopped begging for sex. It seemed like when I was interrested she wasn't. I felt as if I was forcing her to have sex when she didn't want it. Eventually I stopped hinting or asking. She took that as my rejecting her. Of course eventually it was only whenever she initiated sex that it would happen.

My opinion is if you are sexually incompatible then your marriage is doomed. I love my kids, but I think you were lucky to not have any. That was the toughest part of the divorse (as it should be).

Danica said...

Jon:

Thanks for reading my blog and taking the time to respond. I agree that sexual compatbility is so very important. Children join the marriage, so the marriage must be strong on its own.

Danica